Check out our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters, which you can purchase here.
In addition to our large physical coloring posters, we will also offer the related products below:
- B&W Digital Files of the poster illustrations
- Mary’s Song Coloring Pages: 8.5×11 coloring pages (including a simplified version for our youngest artists)
- Mary’s Song Devotional Guide: A devotional guide for both adults and children (and all ages in between!) to use as a companion to our posters and coloring pages
We hope you’ll take a moment to check out this post and look at the video and poster illustrations below.
CLICK HERE to download a free PDF of information that you can take to your colleagues/committees/staff meetings to share about our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters!
Mary’s Song Coloring Poster Themes from Luke 1 46-55
For these posters, we are looking at the traditional Advent themes through the lens of Mary’s Song, found in Luke 1 46-55. This passage is also known as the Magnificat prayer.
Below is a list of the posters and the scripture included on each of them:
- Poster 1 • Hope (Luke 1:46-50): All generations will call me blessed.
- Poster 2 • Peace (Luke 1:51-53): God has filled the hungry with good things.
- Poster 3 • Joy (Luke 1:54-55): The promise made to our ancestors.
- Poster 4 • Love (Luke 1:39-45, 56): Blessed is She who believed.
- Poster 5 • God is With Us (Luke 2:1-18): I am bringing Good News of great joy for all the people.
These posters are designed to take you through the Gospel of Luke’s account of the Magnificat prayer of Mary and Jesus’ birth, found in Luke 1 46-55. Through the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters (and the accompanying devotional guide), you will explore the themes of the HOPE we have when we remember all God has done, the PEACE that comes with God’s provision, the JOY we have in God’s promises, the LOVE we feel from God’s blessings and the celebration knowing GOD IS WITH US.
As we thought about what to focus on for this year’s posters, we contemplated various passages of scripture, the world that we live in right now, and what we wanted to speak into that world through our art. In the end, we felt that the Magnificat prayer, Mary’s revolutionary and subversive song and prayer from Luke 1 46-55, felt like an important message to share.
Take a moment to view the posters and hear the words from Luke 1 46-55 in the video below:
This Advent, let us stop and ponder the words of the Magnificat prayer of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and imagine how we might bring about this vision and prayer in our world today.
Below are more detailed images of each of the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters:
Who Uses Illustrated Ministry’s Coloring Posters?
So many different groups of people have used our coloring posters over the years: Sunday School classes, youth groups, college ministries, men’s and women’s Bible studies, nursing home residents, and more!
But we’ve found that churches who have taken the time to create intergenerational opportunities with the coloring posters have received one of the greatest gifts of all: deepened relationships among people of all ages.
If you’re having a hard time imagining what it would look like in your space to use our coloring posters, take a look at some of the photos below and start getting creative!
How Do I Use the Mary’s Song Coloring Posters?
We are so excited to see all of the creative ways that congregations and communities use these Mary’s Song Coloring Posters. Almost 1,200 churches used last year’s posters, and we loved seeing all of the fantastic photos they shared with us. Here are some testimonials, and ideas, from churches who have used our posters in the past. And if you’re wondering how you can display your posters as beautiful art in your church when they’re colored, take a look at this fantastic tutorial for creating beautiful wooden poster hangers! And finally – here are ten creative ways to use our large coloring posters!
As we mentioned above, we’ve learned that most churches find the posters to be a slam dunk when it comes to developing intergenerational ministry. If you’re looking for ways to use these posters intergenerationally, here are a few ideas:
- Host an all-ages education hour during Advent. Use our Mary’s Song Devotional Guide as the curriculum for the classes.
- Start coloring the posters during your Advent Fair.
- Have your children’s ministry or youth ministry take a poster to a nursing home to color with the residents.
- Host a simple soup/salad/sandwiches dinner on Wednesday nights during Advent and have conversation and coloring before or after eating together.
- Leave the coloring posters out on tables during Fellowship/Coffee Hour after church for people to sit, color, and talk with one another.
Here’s What You Need To Know About the Posters
Poster Details & Cost
Our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters are made up of five large posters that cover Advent themes from the Magnificat prayer. The first four are 3’ x 2’, and the fifth poster is 6’ x 2’. You can purchase the physical posters, digital files to print yourself, or add the digital files to your order of the physical posters for the most flexibility to use the posters in a variety of ways.
The cost for our Mary’s Song Coloring Posters are listed below:
- Physical Coloring Posters: $69.99
- B&W Digital Files: $74.99
- Digital Add-on: Save 50% off the B&W Digital Files when you add both the Physical Posters AND the B&W Digital Files to your cart and use the discount code MARYS-SONG-BUNDLE at checkout.
Posters are available now and ship within a day or two of receiving your order. UPS ships our posters in heavy-weight cardboard poster tubes. Because we use UPS, we cannot ship posters to P.O. Boxes. If you list a P.O. Box as the shipping address, your order will be delayed until we can be in touch with you to determine an appropriate physical mailing address.
We ship our posters to the United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Of course, we have many other international customers who have successfully purchased the digital versions of our posters and printed them locally.
Una McLean says
How much do they cost in sterling (UK pound)? And, if in sterling, what are the postage costs?
Adam Walker Cleaveland says
Una, I’m not sure about that. You’d probably want to use something like an online currency converter to find out. There isn’t a postage cost for shipping to the UK because we don’t ship to the UK (only Canada). Our customers in the UK all purchase and download our digital files, and then get the files printed locally. I hope that answers your question.
Teresa Shaw says
Have you considered offering these in Spanish? Our church goes to Panama on mission trip every December and these would be so wonderful to take and do the study with the people there.
Adam Walker Cleaveland says
Hi Teresa – thanks for your comment. We won’t have these available in Spanish, but we do have another set of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love posters available, digitally, in Spanish, that many people have used on mission trips:
Here’s an example of how people have used them: