We are excited for you to see our new Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters. For this series of posters, each of the posters illustrates a story from the Bible, coming from both the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. Below is a list of the stories that these posters cover:
Module 1: Water Stories
- Week 1: Genesis 1:6-10: Separation of the Water (download a sample lesson from the accompanying curriculum, An Illustrated Earth: Celebrating God’s Creation)
- Week 2: Exodus 14:15-31: Parting of the Red Sea
- Week 3: Matthew 3:13-17: Baptism of Jesus
- Week 4: Mark 4:35-41: Calming of the Storm
Module 2: Food & Plant Stories
- Week 1: Exodus 16: Manna & Quail
- Week 2: Mark 6:31-44: Feeding of the 5,000
- Week 3: Leviticus 25:1-7: Rest for the Land
- Week 4: Mark 4:1-9: Parable of the Sower
Module 3: Animal Stories
- Week 1: Genesis 1:20-25: Creation of Animals
- Week 2: Numbers 22:22-35: Balaam and the Lord’s Messenger
- Week 3: Jonah 1-4: Jonah and the Big Fish
- Week 4: Luke 15:1-7: Parable of the Lost Sheep
While these posters will continue to have our signature style and design that people have come to love and appreciate from our Advent & Lenten Coloring Posters, you will also be able to find more specific elements of the story within each of the designs. We are excited about illustrating Bible stories in these creative coloring poster designs.
You can see the twelve poster illustrations below:
With so many elements of the story found in each large 3′ x 2′ coloring poster, children will be able to sit around a table, color the poster, talk about the story and discuss what they wonder about it. And these are certainly not only for children. These coloring posters work great for intergenerational events and programs that churches might schedule as they seek to find more ways to bring generations together.
Here are important details about the Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters.
- There are 12 posters in the complete set, although you can purchase Modules 1, 2 or 3 separately if you wish (as long as supplies last).
- The posters are 3′ x 2′ (36″ x 24″) and are printed out on 32lb bright white paper. If you have used our posters in the past, watch this video (which includes a cameo appearance by our founder’s 4-yr old son) to learn more about this new paper we’re using.
- You can order just the physical posters, the digital files or both the digital files and physical posters.
- We use UPS to ship the posters, and they are shipped in a strong cardboard poster tube. Note: UPS does NOT ship to PO Boxes – they need a physical address).
Ideas for Using Our Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters
There are many ways to use our Illustrated Earth Coloring Posters – and you all probably have even more creative ideas than these – but here are a few that come to mind:
- Sunday School: Use the posters along with our Illustrated Earth curriculum. Along with the curriculum, these large coloring posters as a no prep to low prep Sunday School option, and your kids will love getting to color the large posters!
- As an activity for children during worship: This works especially well during the summer, if you don’t have Sunday School, having these posters on a table or on the floor for children during the service, would be a fun way to keep them engaged in the service.
- As an activity during VBS: Maybe you’ve already planned your summer VBS program – but you’re looking for another activity to fill some of the time and add some variety to your curriculum? The posters would be a great option for that.
- Intergenerational Family Nights: Get families and other church members together for a fun evening. Start with coloring the posters around tables and talking about the stories, enjoy a meal together, and then end the evening by roasting marshmallows outside for some S’mores!
I am interested in ordering the 8.5 x 11 posters.
Adam Walker Cleaveland says
Hi Becky, those will be available when the digital posters launch. Stay tuned to our email list for the announcement of when that happens.
Mindy Boynton says
I just spent a half hour trying to purchase the coloring sheets. You need to make it way simpler. Not even sure if it went thru
Patti Glowatsky says
I am looking for posters for an intergenerational group to color and then deliver to our homebound members.
Chaplain Margaret Young says
Looking forward to using these with prisoners in N.Z. who love colouring in and sending them to their children.